Wednesday, February 10, 2010

my new thing

personal scholarship slash lifelong learning.

it's true it sounds a little douchey BUT it's been on my mind. there are so many things i want to do and learn and accomplish in life! how am i going to get to everything?? i can't.

this gets me down.

luckily i came up with a solution:

personal scholarship and lifelong learning

where to start? that's the hardest part.

so today in my judaism and the gospel class, Chadwick invited us all to the first club meeting of FISA {friends of Israel student association}. and i went.. and i am sold. we watched part 2 of a 5 part documentary shown above called The Fifty Years War: Israel and the Arabs. i am in love with a. history b. documentaries. i will most certainly be coming to at least the next 3 club meetings in order to watch the rest of it. also Chadwick comes and offers his insight and he is a wealth of knowledge.

but i think this is exactly the place to start.. getting inspired by my current classes to do outside research or activities that will further my understanding of the subjects i'm interested in. good plan?

{i think yes}

okay here is my last concern: does this make me a complete and total nerd?

{i think yes}

2 comments:

alisha said...

You already were a nerd before this new thing.

Seano said...

Two words. Ken Burns. BOOM!